Back to all jobs
DESCRIPTION: OtterBase is hiring an Embedded DevOps Engineer to join our client’s team in the Atlanta Metro area. This position will provide technical support to software projects, and participates in establishing/meeting project schedules and specifications.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of software tools used for product development such as Yocto, Git, Perforce, Docker, and compilation/build tools.
- Interacts with a variety of internal teams to define system or application requirements.
- Defines and documents hardware/software interfaces, and establishes configuration management for software platforms.
- Automate build process to make them scalable, repeatable, and reliable.
- Identifies and implements improvements for software design and test processes.
- Works with IT to manage build systems and handle software package upgrades on Linux servers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and experience using Linux containers.
- Knowledge of and experience in C/C++ scripting languages
- Experience maintaining and installing software tools/services such as Docker, Yocto, Git, Containers, etc.
- Establishment and use of a source code control system including upgrading and maintaining.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Experience: Requires a minimum of 2 years’ experience in embedded software design.