We are seeking a Senior ERP Business Analyst to play a pivotal role in enhancing our business processes and systems. In this position, you will harness your strong analytical skills to interpret customer needs and translate them into application and operational requirements. Your primary responsibilities will involve managing multiple priorities in a dynamic environment, meeting aggressive deadlines, and handling significant workloads. You’ll be the go-to subject matter expert for all things ERP, overseeing configurations, processes, and personnel within the organization. Collaboration is key, as you’ll work closely with senior IT management, organizational leaders, and end-users to provide innovative solutions and optimization strategies. This role also includes collaborating with subject matter experts to define business cases, map process flows, and re-engineer processes when needed.
Project Leadership and Management
- Lead and execute IT projects on time and within budget.
- Ensure project deliverables align with business and end-user requirements.
- Implement projects following technical and manufacturing best practices.
- Proactively resolve project impediments by utilizing available resources and management team members.
- Act as a bridge between business departments, key stakeholders, and IT to capture, document, analyze, and validate business requirements.
- Organize meetings with business departments, IT resources, key stakeholders, and third-party vendors to resolve issues, identify solutions, and drive continuous improvements.
- Analyze and propose solutions, including process changes and system enhancements, to enhance user effectiveness and system accuracy.
- Efficiently gather project information through networks, integrate cross-project knowledge, and document insights for future projects.
- Independently facilitate issue meetings, assign, manage, and track action items, and prioritize technology system enhancements.
- Proactively anticipate conflicts, involve relevant parties, and mediate to resolution.
- Facilitate design change reviews, communicate changes to designs and test plans, identify problems, provide status updates, and ensure project signoff.
- Identify training needs and process implications, contributing to changes in training materials.
- Communicate and recommend department/business policy and procedure changes where appropriate.
- Create process maps and utilize business process modeling techniques.
- Leverage peer networks to identify and address gaps and implement solutions.
- Apply best practices to elicit, analyze, document, validate, and communicate requirements, business processes, and rules for process changes and system enhancements.
- Demonstrate initiative, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Encourage innovation, taking a holistic view of solutions.
- Mentor and coach other IT Business Analysts, guiding them as they gain more experience.
- Lead the corporate ERP strategy for standardizing applications across multiple sites.
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Independent research skills
- Quick adaptation to new languages, technologies, and frameworks, including ERP system functionality diagnosis.
Preferred/Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, or Business Administration from an accredited university.
- Five or more years of experience with IT systems/projects.
- Business Analyst experience is required.
- Three or more years of experience in a customer service-oriented and/or IT-related field.
- Experience in implementing ERP/MRP and other manufacturing-centric systems within a manufacturing environment.
- Configure-to-order environment experience is preferred.
- Creative self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working effectively as a team lead or member with various stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills for decision support and excellent time management.
- Preferred skills in continuous improvement and certification in APICS or other manufacturing equivalent.
Work Environment: This role is based in an office environment.
This revised job description emphasizes the key responsibilities and essential functions of the Senior ERP Business Analyst while providing a clear, concise, and organized structure.