Do you have EXCELLENT customer service skills, and are great with people?
Are you an IT professional ready for a new career opportunity?
Are you a dependable self-starter who is really good at managing and prioritizing your day & tasks?
Are you looking for a tight-knit team and coworkers that put teamwork & integrity first?
Would you love to join a stable and growing company?
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Interviews users to collect information about problems and leads users through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Determines whether problems are caused by hardware such as modem, printer, cables, or telephone.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff.
- Logs and tracks calls using a trouble ticketing system, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Prepares standard statistical reports, such as help desk incident reports.
- Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and makes recommendations to reduce helpline incident rate.
- Consults with programmers to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs.
- Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether products will aid users in performing work.
- Writes software and hardware evaluation and recommendation for management review.
- Develops training materials such as exercises and visual displays.
- Trains users on software and hardware on-site or in the classroom, or recommends outside contractors to provide training.
- Installs personal computers, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Creates user accounts for Onboarding new users.
- Sets up workstations and peripherals for new and existing users.
- Experience with LAN, WAN, VPN, connectivity, routers, switches, firewalls and security administration
- Experience with application transport and network infrastructure protocols
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software products
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers including communicating technical information to a non-technical audience in a clear and coherent manner
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently with multiple priorities and changing deadlines
- Ability to work independently and willing to assist others when needed
- Associate’s Degree in IT computer science or a related field of study or Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Exposure to the basics of computer programming and an interest in working on projects
- Knowledge of Windows environment