Back to all jobs
Description: OtterBase has partnered with our client, based in the Lansing, MI area, in search of an Project Controls Engineer to join their team. This 6 month contract-to-hire opportunity will have you working mostly remote, with just 1 day onsite each week. This position is offering competitive salary and exceptional employee benefits!
- Facilitates and develops integrated project schedules in accordance with applicable DOE-SC requirements in project management software such as Primavera P6 or MS Project.
- Develops and maintains cost control processes and collects and reports on cost status for management reporting and earned value tracking.
- Reviews and analyzes schedule and cost performance for reporting to project management and EVMS.
- Provides ongoing cost engineering/planning and scheduling guidance to project and sub-project managers, and reports monthly status to managers.
- Leads regular project control meetings to review and update the performance.
- Demonstrable skills using COBRA, P6/Primavera, including custom reporting and data management and analysis.
- Highly advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and working knowledge of Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience working within the DOE-SC project delivery structure.
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management/Controls role.
- Relatable Bachelor’s Degree is Required.
- Earned Value Management experience is Required.
- Experience with business in the energy sector is a HUGE PLUS.