Description: OtterBase is looking for a Manufacturing Supplier Quality Engineer to join our client in Eufaula, AL. Ideally, someone who drives supplier performance on quality and delivery. This is a direct-hire opportunity and is offering a competitive salary and employee benefits. There is no option for C2C or Sponsorship for this opening.
**This is NOT an Software/IT role**
**Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply directly**
- Conducts supplier quality system, process, and product audits.
- Communicates extensively with suppliers to foster a positive partnership while assuring compliance to drawings, specifications, and purchase orders.
- Reviews supplier FAIR & PPAP submissions.
- Works with suppliers on process evaluation and continuous improvement activities.
- Drives supplier performance on quality and delivery.
- Leads team(s) on root cause analysis for quality issues. Acts as a coordinator of the SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request) process
- Reviews Control Plans and other supplier documentation for accuracy and adequacy.
- Supports Supplier Qualification/Approval and problem resolution.
- Performs Source Inspection at suppliers’ site as needed.
Education: Requires a bachelor’s degree in business, math, science or equivalent.
Experience: Requires 2 or more years of experience in quality engineering within a similar industry.