OtterBase is partnering with a world-leading automotive supplier of products and services in Romulus, MI, currently seeking a qualified automotive Account Manager. To directly apply, email your resume to
Location: Onsite in Romulus, MI, travel 20%
Competitive base salary
Exceptional benefits are included with a company match for retirement
The Account Manager is in charge of facilitating business relationships with existing clients and customers. This position will help the Senior Sales Manager design and manage sales strategies that build long-term trustworthy relationships with our clients. This person will assist in the management of a portfolio of assigned customers, look for ways to develop new business from existing clients, and actively seek new business prospects. In this function, the employee will contribute to contract negotiations, provide presentations, and give support to the organization’s Senior Sales Manager.
- Assist with managing existing customer accounts and pursuing new opportunities for the business portfolio.
- Quickly become acclimated with the company’s current & new products, applications, trends, and key aspects of the company’s relationship with each customer.
- Understand the competitive environment by staying up to date on trends
- Actively research new market opportunities
- Prepare creative PowerPoint slides and conduct sales presentations
- Conducting research and cost analysis with the assigned customer base.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting to management of sales activities
- Ensure customer requirements are communicated
- Assist the A/R department to resolve accounts receivable issues if needed.
- Distribute to the internal team new RFQs, new business opportunity notices & new business awards.
- Prepare quote responses as approved by management
- Organize customer quote responses in the internal database.
- Archive POs by the customer on the database.
- Maintain monthly files by customers with prices and forecast information.
- Usages of Covisint and SAP
- B2B sales experience required.
- Cold Call Experience; Build New Relationships Experience
- Automotive manufacturing and OEM experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- Exceptional time management, organization, and planning
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially Excel & PowerPoint