Back to all jobs
Senior Developer – Ruby on Rails
This is predominantly a remote position with occasional team meet-ups on site in Tampa or Nashville. Given the primary location of our development team, we prefer our next developer reside within the central or eastern time zone of the United States.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced developer who values serving, someone who wants to work for a small and growing company; seeks to help a development team grow; and yearns to make an impact for good.
Desired Applicant Qualities
- Seeking individuals with high levels of integrity.
- Passion. Our developers must have a passion for creating innovative solutions that will successfully teach and guide users toward compliance.
- Five years + of professional Ruby on Rails experience.
- Ability to own feature development from end-to-end, developing entire features from concept to delivery.
- Identify challenges facing our users and propose ideas to resolve them.
- Comfortable working with a small, agile, collaborative team.
- Comfortable with paired programming.
- Excellent communication skills.
- AWS or Azure experience is advantageous.
- Golang exposure is advantageous.
- Ability to automate tests to ensure quality and maintainability of systems.
- Ability to apply security best practices to all features and systems (or strong willingness to learn security best
- Ability to give material feedback to other developers on the team.
- Seeking those with the skill to create clean, well-thought-out, reliable code.