This position is responsible for the repair of construction machines, component assemblies, and parts in the shop, including diagnosing, parts ordering, and maintaining care of company assets.
- Repairs equipment and components, including Development of a repair plan and sequence Determining necessary parts, materials, tooling, etc.
- Performing repairs properly and safely, with proper quality assurance testing of repair component or system and machine
- Maintains and completes all necessary reports legibly and in a timely fashion for parts ordering, special tooling usage, daily service reports, and work order closure
- Communicates progress of repair with direct supervisor as required Retrieves and returns parts and/or materials through Company’s parts ordering system
- Maintains proper care and use of special tools including major shop equipment, such as but not limited to, air compressor, cleaning tanks, overhead and jib cranes, etc.
- Maintains work area in a safe and clean manner
- Maintains tools and tool carrier in a safe, productive, and updated manner
- Follows all company policies and procedures Observes all safety guidelines Performs other tasks as requested by manager
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent associate degree in Diesel or Equipment Technology or four (4) Years of apprenticeship experience Technician Classification is based on experience, knowledge, and competence
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibration.